Players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators are to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates respect to other players, coaches, officials, parents, spectators and fans. In becoming a member of this organization, an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the organization and its participants. The essential elements in this Code of Conduct are HONESTY and INTEGRITY. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to themselves, their team and their organization. It is only through such conduct that our organization can continue to earn and maintain a positive image and make its full contribution to our sport and community. The following essential elements of the Code of Conduct must be followed:
1. Sportsmanship and teaching the concepts of fair play are essential to the game and must be taught at all levels and developed both at home and on the field during practices and games.
2. The value of good sportsmanship, the concepts of fair play, and the skills of the game should always be placed above winning.
3. The safety and welfare of the players are of primary importance.
4. Players should always demonstrate positive behavior and respect toward teammates, opponents, coaches, officials, parents and spectators. Students are absolutely not allowed to use profanity. Any behavior by a student in the program that is not consistent with being respectful and well mannered will be addressed by NSL and a warning will be made to the student and the parents will be informed also. After a warning has been made, the consequences of non-improvement in the the behavior of the student in question may result in possible suspension and expulsion from Nantucket Student Lacrosse.
5.NSL is reliant on the ferry and bus companies who provide us with travel accommodations. The boat lines provide NSL with a special privileged rate that that enables us to afford the cost travel off island and please know that an invitation to ride on the ferries by the students in the program is a privilege and not a right. We expect all NSL students to be display absolute best behavior on the ferries. Any disrespectful actions inapropriate behavior Ã¯»¿by any NSL student will result in a suspension of travel privileges to off island games. NSL also expects its students to be well behaved on the busses, if they bring items to eat or drink, they are expected to to be responsible for the used food wrappers and and bottles that they bring.
6. Coaches, players, parents and spectators are expected to demonstrate the utmost respect for officials and reinforce that respect to players/teammates.
7. Grievances or misunderstandings between coaches, officials or any other parties involved with the organization should be communicated through the proper channels and procedures, never on or about the field of play in view of spectators or participants.
8. Spectators involved with the game must never permit anyone to openly or maliciously criticize, badger, harass or threaten an official, coach, player or opponent.
9. Eligibility requirements, at all levels of the game, must be followed. Rules and requirements such as age, previous level of participation, team transfers, etc, have been established to encourage and maximize participation, fair play and to promote safety.